Giuseppe Andrews

the gaijin
Regular

Giuseppe Andrews

Postby the gaijin » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:57 pm

Guiseppe Andrews claims to be living what Korine exploited in an interview he did for Troma's DVD release of his movie "Trailer Town" that was released a few months ago.

Has anyone else seen the movie? I can't seem to finish watching it drunk, let alone sober. His name dropping Herzog and Godard is interesting, when he was interviewed for "Detroit Rock City" and in his dvd's special features. I think Werner did a voice-over in one of his other movies, too.

So, to end this topic... Does living in a trailer park make one more of a trobuled genius?
"The first mistake of art is to assume that it's serious." - Lester Bangs

Alaric731
Regular!

Postby Alaric731 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:52 pm

is this guy "the party man" from Cabin Fever? My memory is a tad hazy..
anyway, i cant imagine anything good coming out of troma (cept maybe TROMAS WAR)

dont
Regular!

Postby dont » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:16 pm

i had the pleasure of meeting the very interesting, very insane Lloyd Kaufman, the president of Troma and director of many Troma films. He and Michael Herz started Troma back in the day, and to the best of my knowledge they're still making low budget movies. Lloyd can't remember names, and he's always got a woman on his shoulder kissing him and grabbing his butt. he's a perve, but he's cool.

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:39 am

i just watched Trailer Town and half of Who Flug Poo? and i have to say that this is nothing like previous Troma films...they just released it...i don't know what i think about Guiseppe Andrews yet...i find it very hard to believe that he hasn't read A Crack Up At The Race Riots (not that he said he didn't)...i don't think his stories are like Korines but his dialogue is very similar at times...i want to see more of his stuff...but if anyone thinks this film will be anything like Troma you are dead wrong.

the gaijin
Regular

Postby the gaijin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:11 pm

But I do like the fact that this is a "left-of-centre" release for Troma. It is Korine-esque at times, and the fact that the tries to be subtle in his debasing of Korine is rather funny.

He hawks his own wares at his site, and he has his own album out of "songs" that I'm sure will be interesting as well.

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:22 pm

yeah so i think Guiseppe Andrews is okay...i think most here have never heard of him but when you do i imagine that most will hate his guts...i guess i would say he is a Paul Morrisey with a dash of John Waters mixed with a big barrowing of Harmony Korine at times...it's just the dialogue in Trailer Town at times that it feels like he is a big Korine fan...but the rest of the time it is just a mix of Morrisey and early Waters...don't even know why i bothered to explain cause like i said i think most peeps here will rip on me and think Andrews is a fucking joke.

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:46 am

i'm buying this asap...

Wiggly Harris  

Giuseppe Andrews stars as Wiggly Harris...a volunteer worker at a senior citizen's home. Due to his obsession with stealing wigs, Wiggly has a warrant out for his arrest. Freaked out that his unemployment benefits have almost run out and bombarded with relationship issues(his stripper girlfriend demands that Wiggly lose his virginity to her and start meeting her sexual needs in one of the most memorable sex scenes ever filmed) Wiggly is quickly losing his grip. Further frustrated by his oddball parents (the father, a religious fanatic who feels the end of the world is coming soon, and the mother, who collects photos of food) Wiggly comes to a horrific end.  

Warning: this film contains nudity, graphic violence, and the 12 days of Christmas.  

Starring: Giuseppe Andrews as Wiggly Harris.

80 min.

and this one sounds pretty dope too...

in our garden
86 min.  
The breakout film of the 9th NYUFF is a work of such staggering genius that I'm not even sure how I can write a review of it. Anything that I say about the film, whether it's long or short, capsule or episodic, will not do the movie justice. When IN OUR GARDEN was over, my brain was utterly fried from the constant over-the-top dialogue and my body physically exhausted from laughing so much and so hard.

Most of the film takes place in a trailer park and tells a basic love story between Rick, a drunk, who fishes for turds in his toilet using marshmallows as "bait" and Daisy, an old woman, who wears a plastic elf ear. As she explains to Rick, her real one got chewed off by her childhood pony after she whispered the recipe to pork chow mein in its ear. However, when Daisy meets the loud-mouthed, toupee-sportin' Bill, she kicks Rick to the curb who then turns to drugs and smelling his own farts to soothe his broken heart.

But what really drives the film are the "performances" by the non-actors and the dialogue including memorable lines such as "You smell like you just ate a cum-filled burrito!" I don't think innocent sex words like "cock," "dick," "cunt" or "pussy" are ever used in the film, but phrases such as "fuck bucket" and "Johnson juice" are used liberally to describe characters' genitalia and bodily fluids .Daisy telling Rick a story about how she was infested with giant crabs is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

IN OUR GARDEN is a film that has to be seen to be believed!!!

...and the tagline is "Volleyball brought them together...A rape reinactment tore them apart..." so you can't go wrong.

the gaijin
Regular

Postby the gaijin » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:30 pm

foot foot,

Regardless if people love or hate him, we should work on a Giuseppe Andrews fan page. :)

Alaric731
Regular!

Postby Alaric731 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:15 am

taken from a interview I just found...

ARROW: Fair enough. Do you have any plans to ever venture in a more mainstream market via your directorial efforts?
GA: Yes. I have just finished a script that I want Eli’s company to produce. Mr. T is gonna be in it. In one of the scenes he's reading, Ecce Homo by Nietzsche in a Border's book store and signing old ladies ass cheeks by the cash register...it's all gonna be filmed in downtown Hollywood...it's about Mexicans that win the lotto.

Bastard Wisher
Regular!

Postby Bastard Wisher » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:56 am

Wiggly Harris sounds kind of good maybe, but In Our Garden sounds kind of stupid. Overall Guiseppe Andrews seems sort of like Harmony, but with a dumber, more sophomoric sense of humor.
"One day the lizard woke up and realized that it was all alone on this earth."

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:32 am

the gaijin wrote:foot foot,

Regardless if people love or hate him, we should work on a Giuseppe Andrews fan page. :)

there seems to be quite a lot about him on the internet. his website is pretty cool...i like that he does everything himself...if anything i just find his style of filmmaking/marketing very inspiring.

Bastard Wisher wrote:Wiggly Harris sounds kind of good maybe, but In Our Garden sounds kind of stupid. Overall Guiseppe Andrews seems sort of like Harmony, but with a dumber, more sophomoric sense of humor.

yeah he's got nothing on Korine...i really don't think he tries to go that route as much as he talks like he does...i mean some of the stuff he really can't be taking seriously.

Bastard Wisher wrote:but In Our Garden sounds kind of stupid.

oh man i figured you would be the one to like the sound of stuff like this...

Daisy, an old woman, who wears a plastic elf ear. As she explains to Rick, her real one got chewed off by her childhood pony after she whispered the recipe to pork chow mein in its ear.

Alaric731
Regular!

Postby Alaric731 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:57 am

just saw Trailer Town. A lot of quotable shit right there, I enjoyed it a lot. The dialogue was crazy, really vulgar and stylized at the same time. I have no idea if this dude is on the level or not, but I liked this movie and look forward to seeing some more. hell just check my sig...

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:55 am

Alaric731 wrote:just saw Trailer Town. A lot of quotable shit right there, I enjoyed it a lot. The dialogue was crazy, really vulgar and stylized at the same time. I have no idea if this dude is on the level or not, but I liked this movie and look forward to seeing some more. hell just check my sig...

yeah i knew you would be down...if you got the Trailer Town troma dvd you should watch the short film Who Flug Poo on there...it's got a better story...and i'll tell you went i get Wiggley Harris in the mail cause i think i owe you one still...

but that chick dancing in the begining of Trailer Town is just...man...beautiful...

Alaric731
Regular!

Postby Alaric731 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:50 am

wish i had checked this forum sooner cuz i bought both of the movies from his site and they arrived today with a nice little note from Giuseppe. will watch and report back. His CD isn't too bad. If you can get past the chipmunk vocal effects and casio, there are a lot of pretty solid tunes and a lot of fun stuff, suprisingly enough. The dance songs are cool as hell, especially if you've been drinking or sniffing paint.

Everything is handmade and signed, which is pretty cool. the book (so far) is one long scatalogical laundry list, with a lot of crossed out lines (like crackup) and some pages that have been copier warped (moving the page while you make the copy to create long wavy lines of text)

Will come back with film reviews soon...

PaulyDanza
Regular!

Postby PaulyDanza » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:17 am

I just bought this a few weeks ago and watched it for the second time tonite. This definitley is nothing like Troma has ever released before, I really like it, thought it was hilarious. I watched the interview he did with Llyod Kaufman and for a minute I thought he was making fun of "art films", maybe because some of the stuff he said was unbelievable. But either way this movie was memorable as hell, and like somebody else posted above, his way of film making is really inspiring.

--Nick

Return to “General Discussion”